Difference Between WordPress and Joomla and Their BenefitsAuthor: WebEdges
Open source platforms have emerged as the favorite platforms for web development because of the convenience factor attached. There are various open source platforms like WordPress, Joomla, Magento, Drupal etc. Each of these platforms has their own set of advantages and disadvantages attached.
This article focuses on WordPress and Joomla as the web development platforms as they are the most popular open source CMS' which offer large active developer community. It is impossible to have a site built on both of these simultaneously but this article will help you make the best choice as per your business needs because it is very important to ensure that the base on which you are getting your site developed is strong and smart to cater your business needs.
WordPress is an amazing option for a blogging website or for posting articles and tagging and categorizing them based on dates. But in case, if you are looking for a more vibrant website structure then WordPress is not at all a flexible option. There are various limitations attached with WordPress:
• Similar looking sites. All sites made on this platform look kind of similar to each other. There is nothing unique or special about it.
• Limited extensions available as compared to Joomla which offers plethora of extensions for free which can be used easily.
• Better option is to use it as a part of a website than a complete website.
All these points show the limitations of WordPress. But there are some benefits of using this CMS option:
• Very user friendly CMS.
• Well designed backend which makes it so easy to manage.
• Amazing variety of themes to choose from.
• Anyone and everyone can develop a website using it.
Joomla is a thorough Content Management System (CMS) which makes it richer in features as compared to WordPress. You have the freedom of creating beautifully designed websites which are easy to use, maintain and update. There are various advantage of using this wonderful environment:
• Supports all important features of a modern website which include galleries, news and even blogging.
• Though it is a little complicated to use because of the innumerable features it has, it is still very easy to use.
Joomla also had certain limitations like slow performance and delivering semantically incorrect outputs. With the release of Joomla 5.1, these limitations have been taken care of and this version also offers improved extensibility and effective HTML output.
Difference Between WordPress and Joomla
• WordPress is more user-friendly as compared to Joomla.
• It is easier to integrate other sources with Joomla as compared to WordPress as it does not allow easy modifications.
• Joomla websites are not as search engine friendly as WordPress.
These are some of the differences between the two CMS platforms which should be kept in mind while making a final choice. The advantages and limitations with both these have been mentioned and discussed in the article to ensure that you are able to make the correct selection which is very important for any business and its website.
Author is a best online marketer and writing article and blogs since a long time. With this post, he is sharing information on WordPress, Joomla, Magento, Drupal, Website Design & Ecommerce Solutions. More Details: